Are you a people person; a connector? Do you enjoy helping people find meaningful ways to give back to their community? The Raise Foundation is seeking a Community Development Intern to help us spread the word about the work we do and engage the community in making a difference. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating positive change who can also get others excited about our mission.
Community Outreach, Volunteer Management and Donor Cultivation
- Proactively identify potential Community Partners and volunteers via internet research and networking, and contact those groups through email and phone conversations. Speak to groups on behalf of The Raise Foundation.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from potential volunteers and community partners, provide thoughtful analysis of questions and requests via letters, emails and telephone calls, and direct groups to the appropriate projects and giving opportunities.
- Work closely with Director of Development to ensure that the most qualified volunteers and community partners are being identified, engaged and ultimately confirmed for a project in a timely manner.
- Manage volunteer projects and drives
- Managing Database (Non-Profit Easy)
- Entering new contacts into database
- Maintaining up-to-date notes and syncing reminders with agency calendar
- Running reports for Director of Development as assigned
- Tracking volunteer and community partner information, hours and contributions
- Managing donor acknowledgement process
- Managing volunteer committee meeting calendars, reserving rooms and maintaining communication with committees throughout the year.
- Manage monthly basic needs drives, sorting and food distribution with community groups
- Assist in procuring funding/sponsorship for food distribution.
- Coordinate basic needs “shopping” and distribution through partner agencies and Raise Foundation staff.
Marketing and Social Media
- Maintain website ensuring that the most current events, photos, engagement opportunities and information are included and SEO is optimized
- Manage Blog- create schedule, work with community guest bloggers to secure content, edit and post to blog on a consistent basis.
- Implement social media content strategy with Director of Development and Key Staff.
- Assist in development of marketing strategy and marketing materials for basic needs drives and community engagement activities.
Should have some relevant experience, ideally in community outreach, client services or customer service. A background in a non-profit or human services agency is a plus.
The individual must possess outstanding listening, written and verbal skills and feel comfortable with heavy telephone communication. S/he should be skilled in building relationships with individuals, organizations and institutions, and familiar with a broad range of communications techniques. Public speaking will be required. The individual should exercise strong judgment and be able to represent The Raise Foundation professionally both in person, in email communication and through social media.
S/he should enjoy working independently and managing projects while at the same time being comfortable working within a team environment pursuing common goals. The ideal candidate is resourceful and creative. A passion for empowering families to provide safe and healthy homes is a must.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Knowledge with and comfort in using Microsoft Office Suite and Excel are required. Graphic Design skills a plus.
If interested please contact Kendra Puryear at Kendra@theraisefoundation.org.
Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter and resume.
*This is a paid internship. Pay rate will be discussed upon receiving resumes.